As an indigenous Indian mission, IREF is dedicated to:
- reaching the rural population of Andhra Pradesh with the Gospel of Jesus Christ;
- mobilising individual Christians to the task;
- planting and establishing local churches;
- caring for orphans and providing them with a Christian education;
- establishing income generation projects to enable the poorest Christians to provide for their families.
IREF(UK) exists to promote and support the work of The India Rural Evangelical Fellowship in India. Various IREF(UK) Funds have been established to receive and pass on gifts for the work of IREF in India. All donations to IREF(UK), whether on-going sponsorship of pastor / evangelists and children, or one-off gifts for specified or general purposes, are passed on in full to IREF(India), unless specifically designated for the Fund’s administration (postage, printing and promotional costs).
IREF(UK) is a Recognised Scottish Charity, no. SC033100. Donors are kept in regular touch with the work in India through periodic prayer letters.